Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Waiting...

Well, it is now Tuesday, January 20 (almost the 21) and this baby still has not arrived. I actually started early labor on Friday, and I have been having contractions steadily-ish for the last 5 days. But have I gone into active labor? Does it feel like this baby will ever arrive? Have I decided that I will in fact be pregnant forever? No to the first two, and a resounding yes to the third. I am just at home, surrounded by loving family all waiting anxiously for this joyous event, and NOTHING IS HAPPENING. I know perfectly well that due dates are not written in stone, and that children arrive when they are good and ready. So why does it keep faking me out with contractions and losing my plug and other signs of labor? I'm just so excited to meet this baby, and not very patient about waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully next time I post it will be a birth announcement. And it will be tomorrow.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Oh, how well I know that frustration! I was induced with both my kids--Grayson was 9 days late and Thatcher was a week late. I know, not helpful and the last thing you want to hear. I hope you have the baby today too!

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Hi, It's the Delorey's. Congratulations on your beautiful little boy! What a cute family you have!