Friday, December 19, 2008

Hurray for a positive attitude!

I thought today was going to be stressful and chaotic. I didn't do my before bed routine last night, and I got to bed really late. Add to that waking up at 3:00am to take Krissie and Aaron to the airport, and then waking up to a sink of dirty dishes, I was sure that I would be too tired and stressed to deal with the day.

However...

My husband woke me up before he left for work so we could have family scriptures. I got dressed and decided that even if it started late, I could still have a good day. I did go back to bed for a little while, but I woke up when Gabe woke up and started talking to me. We have some very nice morning conversations. We went upstairs, had breakfast, I took all my supplements, and then we cleaned the kitchen. Gabe helped me with sweeping and dishes, which he thought was great. We need to get him a little broom so he can help me more often. I talked to my sister while I cleaned, so it was fun for me as well. Also, I feel good knowing that I didn't let the inauspicious beginning determine the tone for the day. I actually think it's going to be a great day!

Now I am going to write a to-do list and a shopping list, cycle the laundry, and make sure I am ready to run errands this afternoon when Ontario comes to get me. Then I might lay down and take a little nap until he gets here. I think I've earned it.

2 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

Yah for a positive attitude and a great day!

Krilafis said...

I am just glad that I didn't ruin your day entirely.

Thanks for taking me to the airport.
Also, thanks for blaming me.

Just kidding.

P.S. Of course I will babysit Gabe on the 7th. If you will make time to talk to your friend on the phone tomorrow after church. I had a good day with a crappy undertone due to He-Who-Must-Not-Ever-Ever-Be-Mentioned-Ever.